[Milton-L] Re: porno vs. art?

James Rovira jrovira at drew.edu
Wed Nov 30 14:48:41 EST 2005

Just out of curiousity, is this Moby Dick discussion really about a case
of censorship, or just parents not wanting elementary, middle, or high
school aged children reading certain novels?  I don't accept that the
latter qualifies as censorship, since these novels are readily available
in bookstores and libraries, and would rather respect the right of
parents to raise their own children as they see fit.

When I think of censorship, I'm thinking more along Milton's lines:
burning books, making them completely unavailable to all audiences.

Jim R.