[Milton-L] Re: porno vs. art?

Rose Williams rwill627 at cox.net
Wed Nov 30 13:26:44 EST 2005

Thanks, Dr. Hodges!
Poor little unobservant me! When I was doing a paper on Moby Dick at Baylor,
I just thought of the sperm whale as the largest odontocete, or toothed
whale. That's what a classical education will do to you.
As for the sleeping together episode, I treated it as part of the outcast
Ishmael's finding companionship and understanding.
I did have some fun with Moby Dick as a driving force of nature unconcerned
with man's problems, comparing some of his aspects to those of the god
Jupiter. My Baylor prof rather liked this, and gave me high marks for it.
Guess neither of us recognized the sexual morass in which we were
floundering.
Rose Williams