[Milton-L] Re: porno vs. art?

James Rovira jrovira at drew.edu
Wed Nov 30 09:42:38 EST 2005

Ah, what a wonderful opportunity to return this discussion to Milton.
If someone like Milton were the censor, could his judgment be trusted?
How did Milton reconcile his argument in the Areopagitica with his
service as censor?  Remember that description in the A. of the ideal
censor? Who was he describing?

Slippery slopes fall off on both sides.

Jim R.