[Milton-L] Query

Tredennick, Linda tredennick at gonzaga.edu
Tue Nov 29 15:04:09 EST 2005

Yes to your first question, the Gospel of Thomas rather than the
Apocalypse of Thomas. No to your second question -- not a direct
reference, but she thought she saw some similarities between Jesus'
learning process in Thomas and Adam's learning process after the fall.
I'm trying to steer her away from Gnosticism, but I also promised her I
would check my instincts with the experts, since I know very little
about this text (obviously).  For instance, I knew the Greek fragment
existed, but I have no idea how long it is or when it surfaced.

Linda Tredennick
Assistant Professor
Dept. of English
Gonzaga University