[Milton-L] Re: porno vs. art?

Richard Strier rastrier at uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 29 13:21:53 EST 2005

Re child porno-- what if it is only imagined?  Or what if it is a
painter or photographer with a model?

Again, consider Balthus and various photographers.  I think that we
should be very careful before we start advocating the censorship of
anything.  Moral high horses tend to get out of control.  Remember:
censorship involves written or otherwise reproduced material.  There
are laws on the books for particular crimes -- rape, abduction,
kidnapping, abuse, etc.  Let's persecute crimes, and not
representations!