[Milton-L] Paradise Lost

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 12:21:38 EST 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>I have a hard time taking seriously construals of
Milton based on "his" spelling in PL, since I doubt
the spelling is his to begin with.<

I've wondered about this, too. How did Milton 'write'
his poem? As he was dictating to his amanuensis, did
he have the words not only read back to him but also
spelled back to him?

I've also wondered this about Borges, but that's
another matter.

Jeffery Hodges

University Degrees:

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley