[Milton-L] on Eikonoklastes

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Sun Nov 27 19:09:31 EST 2005

Antti Tahvanainen wrote:

> > all the versions of Eikon Basilike and
> > Eikonoklastes that I could find from EEBO are using "Demagogues". Is there
> > a version of Eikonoklastes somewhere with the spelling "Damagogue", or is
> > it just a simple typo by the editor and I am wasting everyone's time?

If the EEBO copies are all showing *dema-*, it certainly does sound as though
it's a simple typo in the Yale.  (I don't have YP volume 3 here, but for the
moment I think we can take Antti's word that *dama-* is there, given the
searching by Antti that it has occasioned.)

Jameela
--
Jameela Lares, Ph.D.
Director of Graduate Studies