[Milton-L] O Eve, in evil hour...

Rose Williams rwill627 at cox.net
Tue Nov 22 08:54:12 EST 2005

The  British used to do this very well. I remember a stage production of
Canterbury Tales in which the cast merrily sang the liveliest of Chaucer's
offerings in a most inoffensive manner.
I have seen Shakespeare productions where this was achieved.
But I fear Britain has lost this gift, and Hollywood never had it.
Rose Williams