[Milton-L] O Eve, in evil hour...

Roy Flannagan Roy at gwm.sc.edu
Mon Nov 21 19:31:03 EST 2005

Isn't it pornography only after the Fall?  Isn't Milton at pains to show us how degraded the sexuality is, when Adam seizes Eve and drags her off to dewy sex?

Otherwise we are like the lewd viewers the narrator points to after Eve's naked breast meets Adam's and the narrator hails wedded love.

Roy Flannagan

>>> rastrier at uchicago.edu 11/21/05 7:06 PM >>>
What's really interesting to consider, I think, is that the movie
version would be pornography.  I think this is actually quite
important.
--
Richard Strier
Professor of English