[Milton-L] O Eve, in evil hour...

diane mccolley dmccolley at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 21 14:58:38 EST 2005

I am going to admit that the idea of a film version of Paradise Lost
horrifies me.  Images stick in people's heads and become icons that disable
the imagination, which words leave free to re-see over and over.
And I should think the sounds and tones of the verbal extracts would often
need to provide a fixed interpretation of puns and nuances and ambiguities
such as those this list so fruitfully discusses.

But I am open to correction.

Diane

>From: "Carol Barton" <cbartonphd at earthlink.net>
>To: "John Milton Discussion List" <milton-l at lists.richmond.edu>