[Milton-L] Norway

jfleming at sfu.ca jfleming at sfu.ca
Thu Nov 17 16:23:31 EST 2005

This from _Areopagitica_:

"If I should thus farre presume upon the meek demeanour of your civill and
gentle greatnesse, Lords and Commons, as what your publisht Order hath
directly said, that to gainsay, I might defend my selfe with ease, if any
should accuse me of being new or insolent, did they but know how much better
I find ye esteem it to imitate the old and elegant humanity of Greece, then
the barbarick pride of a Hunnish and Norwegian statelines." JD Fleming