[Milton-L] London

Anderson, Kemmer kanderso at mail.mccallie.org
Sun Jul 10 21:45:51 EDT 2005

I wrote a Miltonic sonnet (well there are too many sentences. The focus is on a school in England where my father went. I stopped by after the conference. Moved by Chapel the day we were there.
Now from Tennessee

Sustaining Courage

How fragile now between the walls of Chard
School where students gather for morning chapel
to hear the tragedy from London tell
how the history of Britain bleeds hard
with tears, shrapnel, and broken glass.  What bard
could weave a plot through emotions?  The bell
declared Olympic victory.  Then Hell
from underground blasts the tunnels - the card
of Death trumps the memory of the Somme,
Dunkirk, and the Blitz when this enemy
chooses Time ticking behind terror's veil
to blow out the innocence of children.  Calm
below the cross, we pray for liberty.
with Old Cerdic certainty we prevail.

Kemmer Anderson

Although not Miltonic in form, there are some Miltonic places and characters. Peace. Kemmer