[Milton-L] London

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Sun Jul 10 12:58:13 EDT 2005

>Dear All,
>Because of my non-Anglo name, I have been mistakenly
referred to as a "He."
>It always happens to me in correspondence with people who
don't know me.  I
>would like to emphasize that I am a "She", married, and the
mother of a
>lovely daughter.

I'm with you, sister!

I have a fairly low voice for a woman - especially, it seems,
on the phone.  The no-call registry has cut down on the
number of strangers calling and eithr saying, "Good evening,
sir.." or "Can I speak to the lady of the house?" but it
still happens from time to time.

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant