[Milton-L] London

Boyd M Berry bberry at mail1.vcu.edu
Fri Jul 8 19:10:13 EDT 2005

I'm in sympathy about whether many posts belong on this list.  But it does
seem to me that Cynthia's post might suggest that we need to work to focus
students on the obvious sense of extreme contingency writers we read and
teach assumed.  I'm secular, as Cynthia is not apparently, but the
dominant assumtion that humans can live safely (which, in many cases, they
litagate in an effort to create) sets my teeth on edge and has done for
years.  We need to work for ways to die at home and be laid out at home,
among other things.

Boyd Berry