[Milton-L] London

Dr. Carol Barton cbartonphd at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 7 14:04:43 EDT 2005

It feels, indeed, exactly like September 11th, especially to anyone who has spent time at the British Library, British Museum, Guildhall, or in the general vicinity of Moorgate (Milton territory).

You can listen to BBC news directly (rather than the secondhand reports we are receiving inthe US) via their website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/index.shtml?logo.

I can see in my mind's eye every location at which this horror has occurred . . . the faces belong to innocent people, private mums and dads on their way to earn a living, young people on holiday, tourists and children perhaps seeing the great city for the first time. None of them are guilty of anything a terrorist would feel the need to "avenge"--and no organized religion advocates the slaughter of innocents, even the ones that in ancient times promoted the eradication of one's enemies. What kind of a God--or demon--can such people follow, that leads them to commit such acts?

God bless and help the victims and their families--and help Scotland Yard and the civilized world apprehend and arrest (in all senses of the world) the depraved monsters who are responsible for the attacks.

May the misery they've caused return to them "an hundredfold."

Carol Barton

>From the desk of

Dr. Carol Barton