[Milton-L] Query on Arabic literature

Rose Williams rwill627 at cox.net
Thu Jul 7 11:58:16 EDT 2005

Although these have most to do with Crusader attacks on Jewish and Eastern
Christians, you might look at
Albert of Aix,  Ekkehard of Aura,  and Solomon Bar Simson (this last is
concerned with Crusader attacks on Jewry)
Anna Comnena.
More to your point, I think, are
"Medieval accounts of Salah al-Din's recovery of Jerusalem"
by Hadia Dajani-Shakeel. From: Hisham Nashabe (ed) "Studia Palaestina:
Studies in honour of Constantine K. Zurayk", Institute for Palestine
Studies, Beirut 1988.
"Autobiography of Usamah Ibn Munqidh" (1095-1188) a Muslim warrior and
courtier who fought against the Crusaders with Saladin
and

"The Crusade of St. Louis."An Arab account by al-Makrisi.

Rose Williams