[Milton-L] Milton and St. Peter's Basilica

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 4 17:00:05 EDT 2005

> and it would say something more startling about this
> lifelong-antipapist (about the only thing one can say with assurance that he
> was consistently against) if he went *into* the Basilica, than if he
> deliberately avoided it.

Having been, literally, on both sides of that fence (former
Anglo-calvinist, here), I can say that, from a purely human perspective,
the odds that Milton said, after glancing at the Basilica, "Surely,
there's something more interesting in the neighborhood?", are much
higher than his having said, if only to himself, "Surely, I can't miss
the liturgical center of all Papisticality!"

Ask us converts, in either direction:  we know!,
--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
Special Assistant to the Presiding Archbishop
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org