[Milton-L] Milton and St. Peter's Basilica

carl bellinger bcarlb at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 14:57:19 EDT 2005

Jameela mentioned Gordon's 'A Milton Chronology'  which I looked through, pp
62-65, finding no specific mention of St. Peter's. However, it mentions, p
65, that "JM has a private audience with Cardinal Franscesco Barberini who
was then Prime Minister of Rome and cheif adviser to his uncle Pope Urban
VIII. Would this audience have been in the Vatican? If so how close to St.
Peter's?

Carl