[Milton-L] Derrida and Milton

Jeffrey Shoulson jshoulson at miami.edu
Sat Feb 12 07:38:11 EST 2005

Have a look at _Milton:  Poet of Duality_, by RA Shoaf.

On Feb 11, 2005, at 8:26 PM, MarcPaul wrote:

> Miltonists,
> Can anyone help point me in the direction of any Milton scholars who
> have turned to Derrida and deconstruction?  (as it may/may not relate
> to Milton?)
> Thanks,
> MarcPaul
> "Sum Ergo Cogito."

___________
Jeffrey S. Shoulson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of English
Director, George Feldenkreis Program in Judaic Studies
Fellow, Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies
University of Miami
5202 University Drive
105 Merrick Building, Rm. 109
Coral Gables, FL 33124

o: 305.284.8180
f: 305.284.8190
m: 305.742.6973

http://www.as.miami.edu/judaic/

"Books are to be call’d for, and supplied, on the assumption that the
process of reading is not a half-sleep, but, in highest sense, an
exercise, a gymnast’s struggle; that the reader is to do something for
himself, must be on the alert, must himself or herself construct indeed
the poem, argument, history, metaphysical essay—the text furnishing the
hints, the clue, the start or frame-work. Not the book needs so much to
be the complete thing, but the reader of the book does. "
					--Walt Whitman