[Milton-L] Struggling with a paper

Samuel Smith ssmith at messiah.edu
Thu Feb 3 20:07:04 EST 2005

Paul's misogyny is also very much in question.  N.T. scholarship has
established that Paul probably did not write any of the pastoral epistles,
which means that if 1 Timothy 2.11-15 is misogynist, at least it isn't Paul.

Samuel Smith

>>> jrovira at drew.edu 02/03/05 6:35 PM >>>
I think to answer your questions you'd have to ask either God or the
Devil directly.  The best I can do is point to a textual tradition that
Milton may have been following.  Undoubtedly neither God nor Satan are
nearly as misogynist as Paul.

Jim