[Milton-L] Struggling with a paper

BlevinsJake at aol.com BlevinsJake at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 11:33:44 EST 2005

Sarah,

One comment--is there really any evidence to support--definitively--that Eve
was "more vulnerable" than Adam? We don't really know what Adam would have
done if faced with the temptation, do we? Remember he folds relatively easily
when confronted with the choice later after Eve had eaten of the fruit. Really,
it's Satan who believes Eve will be more vulnerable. I have always found this
topic interesting. Had Satan come to Adam first, what temptation would he have
used? He may not have tried to tempt Adam with God power etc. but had Satan
appealed to Adam's fear of being alone, losing Eve, etc. I think Adam probably
would have fallen just as quickly as Eve..."fruit" for thought anyway.

Jacob

Jacob Blevins
Assistant Professor of English
Editor, The McNeese Review