[Milton-L] Struggling with a paper

James Rovira jrovira at drew.edu
Thu Feb 3 09:57:00 EST 2005

A direct answer might take the form of writing your thesis statement for
you, but maybe you could consider rephrasing Eve's "interest in learning
and reason" in terms of her relationship to images/symbols?

Lana Cable's _Carnal Rhetoric_ may be worth looking into.  It's been
awhile since I've read it, though, but it's very good and may be
relevant to your thesis.  It is pretty densely written, though.

Jim