[Milton-L] IMS8: deadline -18

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Mon Sep 13 20:50:17 EDT 2004

Christophe,

I've gone to the website to register, and am a bit concerned.

Is there a reason that the URL for the secure server does not begin with https
but rather merely http?  In the US, secure servers are usually noted with the
additional -s.

Or is the site secure despite the URL, and is this indeed why one if told more
than once that the site is secure?

Others may have my question, so I post it here.

Amicablement,

Jameela
--
Jameela Lares
Associate Professor of English
The University of So. Mississippi
118 College Drive #5037
Hattiesburg, MS  39406-0001
+601 266-6214 ofc
+601 266-5757 fax
SECURITY NOTICE:  On April 28, 2004, the University of Southern Mississippi
administration publicly revealed the contents of e-mail to several professors
whose email the administration had been monitoring.  These included e-mails
originating in private off-campus accounts but addressed to accounts on
University server.  Your e-mail to me may be read by and/or revealed to
outside parties. Campus phones are believed to be insecure as well.  If you
want confidentiality, please use my off-campus e-mail address, which is
<jamlares at yahoo.com>.