[Milton-L] moloch

Matthew Stallard matthew at davidwhiteservices.com
Thu Sep 9 15:27:21 EDT 2004

molochDear Angelica,

In addition to the sparse biblical descriptions of Molech worship (1Kings 11:5; 2Kings 23:10), Sir James Frazer gives a particularly grisly, if not artfully contrived, depiction of sacrificial practice in Golden Bough chapter 24. Reading a paragraph or two of the Frazer helps to draw an obvious oppositional correspondancy with Gabriel.

Cheers,
Matthew

Matthew Stallard
Ohio University