[Milton-L] death in Eden.

Salwa Khoddam skhoddam at cox.net
Sun Nov 21 18:29:22 EST 2004

Dear Douglas,
There is no death in Eden yet.  In Satan, yes because he has fallen.
Therefore, he sees death where no death exists yet.  Death exists in the
warped mind of Satan and through the imagery that Milton uses of our
postlapsarian world, we the readers.
Salwa Khoddam
Professor of English
Oklahoma City University