[Milton-L] Purdue, April 1-3, the problem of evil and paradise lost reading

John Ulreich jcu at email.arizona.edu
Thu Nov 18 12:43:05 EST 2004

Angela,

You've probably given thought to this matter, but just in case: everything
goes better with food. (Or as a former minister of mine used to say: "First
you've got to eat." Or as Raphael said: "Whatever was created, needs To be
sustained and fed.") I just hosted a marathon (November 5th) that had some
sponsorship that enabled us to provide a yummy carrot cake (enough for a
hundred people), coffee, and punch. People were also free to supply their
own snacks.

Good luck,
John

At 01:54 PM 11/18/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>Dear Cynthia,
>
>There you go: you have already helped.  I am famous (infamous?) for
>forgetting the camera.  Luckily, I did remember it for when my robust
>Purdue baseball team member dressed up as the Dark Lady for our
>Shakespearean sonnet recitation.  I have just written "REMEMBER CAMERA" on
>my calendar.
>
>Adios,
>
>Angelica Duran
>Assistant Professor
>English Department
>Purdue University
>500 Oval Drive
>West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-2048
>USA
>(765) 496-3957, phone
>(765) 494-3780, fax
><aduran at sla.purdue.edu>
>----------  From:   milton-l-bounces at lists.richmond.edu on behalf of
>gilliaca at jmu.edu  Reply To:       John Milton Discussion
>List  Sent:   Thursday, November 18, 2004 12:16 PM  To:     John Milton
>Discussion List  Subject:        Re: [Milton-L]  Purdue, April 1-3, the
>problem of evil and paradise lost reading
>
> >   Dear scholars,  >  >   It has been encouraging and informative to
> hear  >   about Paradise Lost readings that some of you
> have  >   coordinated.  On April 1 and 3, 2005, I will
> be  >   coordinating my first Paradise Lost marathon reading  >   in
> conjunction with a conference entitled "The  >   Problem of Evil"
> sponsored by the Purdue English and  >   Philsophy Program.   Oh this
> sounds delicious! Wish I could get out there, but will be engaged
> otherwise.  Do let us know how it goes, have someone take picture that
> you can p;oint us to.  Cynthia G  Cynthia A. Gilliatt  English
> Department, JMU  JMU Safe Zones participant  "You have made God in your
> own image when God hates the same people you hate." Fr. John
> Weston  _______________________________________________  Milton-L mailing
> list  Milton-L at lists.richmond.edu
> .edu/mailman/listinfo/milton-l

John C. Ulreich