[Milton-L] A Message from the Milton Quarterly staff

Dr. Carol Barton cbartonphd at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 22:19:05 EST 2004

Kudos to Roy, not only for his years of diligent service to the community of
Milton scholars, but for his encouragement and support of young unknowns as
well -- not to mention his excellent choice of a successor to the very
capable Beth Quitslund and Andrew Escobedo in Edward Jones.

Many of us got our formal start as published scholars thanks to Roy's
generous and aggressive encouragement, and that is a tradition that I hope
that the new generation of _Milton Quarterly_ will preserve.

Thank you, and all best wishes, Beth and Andrew (it has been a pleasure
indeed), and welcome Edward. You have quite an act to follow, but as Roy
suggests, you are well-situated to rise to the challenge. Excelsior!

And a Happy Thanksgiving, one and all!

Carol Barton

---