[Milton-L] Funny "Paradise Lost" Parody

merlinjones merlin77_7 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 12:46:29 EST 2004

Dear Most Learned List,

     As I was finishing my report on "Paradise Lost"
for my Early British Literature class, I found
something funny I thought I would share with all of
you. This is by no means a disrespectful parody, it is
just something silly that I thought would brighten
everyone's day a little bit.

If Dr. William Carlos Williams Instead of Mr. John
Milton Had Written 'Paradise Lost.'

Commonwealth,  June 2, 1995  by Robert C. Jones

THIS IS JUST TO SAY I have eaten the apples that were
in the Garden
and which you commanded me not to taste
Forgive me they were forbidden and so sweet

William Carlos William having written this...

This Is Just To Say

 William Carlos Williams

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

That is somewhat amusing, eh?

=====
Haz el bien, y no mires a quién.

Death is a commingling of eternity with time; in the death of a good man, eternity is seen looking through time.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~