[Milton-L] Best extract of Paradise Lost

Judith Herz jherz at vax2.concordia.ca
Sun Nov 14 11:26:09 EST 2004

RE: [Milton-L] Best extract of Paradise LostIf it's favorite lines and if it's poetry one is after, then for me it's no contest::
"And there took root, an island salt and bare,
The haunt of seals and orcs and sea-mews' clang."

....especially the second, the last 3 syllables clanging in that empty space.
Judith Herz