[Milton-L] Best extract of Paradise Lost

Duran, Angelica ADuran at sla.purdue.edu
Sun Nov 14 10:39:24 EST 2004

Dear Alexandra,

I agree that we need a little more information to answer your question fully.  One that might help since you mention that you are French is 1.260-270, which contains the section "Better to reign in Hell..." because I know that the fist Spanish translation of Paradise Lost which advertises itself as based on the French translation omits that blasphemous line and modifies the surrounding context.

If you are just interested in contemporary Miltonists' favorite lines, one of my favorites is "Servant of God, well done."

Adios,

Angelica Duran
Assistant Professor
English Department