[Milton-L] web resources for teaching poetry

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Wed Nov 3 20:27:00 EST 2004

Quoting "Duran, Angelica" <ADuran at sla.purdue.edu>:

> I was wondering if any of you know of a wonderful web resource for poetic
> and/or literary terms, as good as the one for rhetorical devices referenced
> in past weeks on this listserv.  I would like to assign my Spring semester
> students a web resource rather than my usual  Abrams' _Glossary of Literary
> Terms_ or Shaw's _Concise Dictionary of Literary Terms_.  Thank you.

For rhetorical terms, the premier web source is Silva Rhetoricae, at
<http://humanities.byu.edu/rhetoric/silva.htm>.

Cheers,

Jameela

--
Jameela Lares
Associate Professor of English
The University of So. Mississippi
118 College Drive #5037
Hattiesburg, MS  39406-0001
+601 266-6214 ofc
+601 266-5757 fax
SECURITY NOTICE:  On April 28, 2004, the University of Southern Mississippi
administration publicly revealed the contents of e-mail to several professors
whose email the administration had been monitoring.  These included e-mails
originating in private off-campus accounts but addressed to accounts on
University server.  Your e-mail to me may be read by and/or revealed to
outside parties. Campus phones are believed to be insecure as well.  If you
want confidentiality, please use my off-campus e-mail address, which is
<jamlares at yahoo.com>.