[Milton-L] Query: Good scans of Blake illustrations

James Rovira jrovira at drew.edu
Mon Mar 29 15:14:09 EST 2004

I'm suggesting this link even though I'm almost 100% sure your colleague
has already found it, but the William Blake archive is probably the best
source of Blake images on the internet.  Here's the link to Milton:

http://www.blakearchive.org/cgi-bin/nph-dweb/blake/Illuminated-Book/MILTON/@Generic__CollectionView;cv=java

You may want to ask your colleague if he's tried some of the java
features (calibrating the page, resizing the image, etc.).

The best images I've seen are on commercial art dealer websites, but
these only have a very limited number of Blake images and probably not
too many from Milton.
This site has nine good Blake illustrations for Paradise Lost, which may
fit your colleague's needs as well:

http://www.pitt.edu/~ulin/Paradise/Blake1808.htm

Jim