[Milton-L] Forum notify

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Sat Mar 27 09:12:18 EST 2004

YOu might have them get in touch with JMU Computing, which
seems to have a pretty effective firewall.  In this latest
attack, the JMU software stripped the attachments and
notified me that a virus had been in the incoming mail.
Nothing is foolproof, and the vandals who invent these things
keep coming up with new things as fast as the defensive
programmers can block them, so the bottom line, if course, is
to open nothing that comes unexpectedly, as many on the list
have said. I think it is especially important NOT to respond
to/follow the directions in e-mails that warn of a super
virus you must protect yourself from by going into your
computer and changing settings.

Cynthia
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU