[Milton-L] mark your calendars: habermas and shawcross at purdue

Duran, Angelica ADuran at sla.purdue.edu
Mon Mar 22 08:51:59 EST 2004

	Hello, scholars,

	Purdue's English Department is co-hosting two very exciting speakers, Jürgen Habermas and John Shawcross, in October and November 2004 respectively, which I alert you to now since our area hotels get booked up quite early.

	See below for more details,and please do tell me if you are coming so that I can make sure to schedule at least a chat and hopefully a luncheon with you.  Purdue is in West Lafayette, Indiana, which lies about 2 hours south of Chicago, IL; 1 hour north of Indianapolis, IN;  5 hours east of St. Louis, MO; and 3 hours west of Columbus, OH.
	===============================
	1) The English and Philosophy Ph.D. Program, together with other co-sponsoring units, brings a major event to Purdue in 2004-2005:
		-"The Kantian Project of Cosmopolitan Law"
		Dr. Jürgen Habermas
		Professor Emeritus, Johann-Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt a/M
		Friday, October 15, 2004
		Class of 1950 Lecture Hall, 4:00-7:00 p.m.
		Biographical Introduction by
		Martin Beck Matuatík, Professor of Philosophy at Purdue.
		Free and open to the public.
	Please check back for further details at  http://www.sla.purdue.edu/academic/idis/phil-lit/
	====================================
	2) Purdue University Renaissance Comparative Prose Conference,  November 4-5, 2004.  The RCPC is pleased to continue its good fortune of recruiting such celebrated scholars for its keynote speakers as Wendy Wall and Achsah Guibbory with this year's keynote speaker, John Shawcross.  Call for Papers forthcoming.

Adios,

Angelica Duran
Assistant Professor
English Department