[Milton-L] source

Duran, Angelica ADuran at sla.purdue.edu
Fri Jan 30 08:41:13 EST 2004

Yes, Margie,

Those historians are a great help to those of us who engage primarily with literature.  Historians of chemistry, Cathy Cobb and Harold Goldwhite cite this poignant diary entry to evince Robert Hooke's renowned illnesses, which included vomiting, headaches, and sleeplessness: "Slept well.  Deo Gratis."  No wonder those Royal Society members were so keen on advancing learning for the benefit of mankind -- and the glory of God, too.

Adios,

Angelica Duran
Assistant Professor
English Department