Virus? Re: [Milton-L] HELLO (This really is from me)

Peter C. Herman herman2 at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Jan 29 16:36:44 EST 2004

 From what I understand, these viruses only take effect IF someone opens up
the attachment. And as to how John's e-mail address got used, it is likely
that John's computer was not used. Rather, his e-mail address was in
someone else's computer which the virus infected. The viruses then found
the other person's email address book, and sent out versions of itself
using those addresses.

In other words, John is innocent, and considerably worse damage will be
done to this list if he un-subscribes.

Peter C. Herman