Virus? Re: [Milton-L] HELLO (This really is from me)

John Leonard jleonard at uwo.ca
Thu Jan 29 12:32:48 EST 2004

I did not send that message and it does not appear in my sent mail
folder.  I am an ignoramus as to how these things work, so I don't know
whether my address was merely "spoofed" or (more alarmingly) my machine
hi-jacked.  I do know that I (and many others on my campus) have had
attachments in incoming mail purged by our university firewall system.
So I doubt if the message had a harmful attachment.  But if it did, let
me know and I'll unsubscribe from Milton-L until this is sorted.  I
would really hate to be the conduit (however unwilling) of a virus to
this community.

Apologies to all for having my name taken in vain,

John Leonard