[Milton-L] bibliographic suggestion

Jeffrey Shoulson jshoulson at miami.edu
Thu Jan 29 13:22:30 EST 2004

Colleagues,
I am preparing a selected bibliography of accounts of the religious,
political, and social developments and/or conflicts of
seventeenth-century England for my Milton graduate seminar.  I'd like
to include on the list books that will help to fill in the background
and blind spots of someone less familiar with the historical period in
question.
I have my favorites, but I am interested in hearing from the rest of
you what books you would recommend to a student who hasn't learned the
differences between Cavalier and Roundhead, Anglican and Presbyterian,
Parliamentarian and Leveller.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Jeffrey Shoulson

_______________
Jeffrey S. Shoulson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of English
Director, Program in Judaic Studies
5202 University Drive
105 Merrick Building, Rm. 109
Coral Gables, FL 33124-2018