[Milton-L] help interpret a line

Alanhorn3 at cs.com Alanhorn3 at cs.com
Thu Jan 29 00:38:20 EST 2004

Harold Skulsky writes: "The colon plus the inversion (accursedly missed by
me) supplies the key."

Plus the absence of an alternative reading supported by the text.

HS writes: "I ask the candid reader if Horn has (habitually and eristically)
relied on a remotely fair version of what I actually wrote."

Sorry if I misrepresented what you wrote--your interpretation was a little
hard to interpret--and sorry if you didn't like the tone of my responses. But
you weren't just offering another reading--you were giving everyone a lesson in
the art of interpretation, and saving Western civilization in the process.

Alan H