[Milton-L] why teach Milton to college students?

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Mon Jan 26 11:30:05 EST 2004

) the separation of church and state---which
>has NOTHING whatsoever to do with having or not having the
Decalogue
>engraved in stone in a court of law!

Lucky old us at JMU - the local Focus on the Family affiliate
is having That Judge come speak and they have rented out a
major campus vanue for it.  I think this is in February. The
letters to the editor section in the local paper should offer
much comic relief, what with more than usually strange
biblcal hermeneutics added to fanciful versions of
constitutional history. Maybe we'll be really lucky and there
will be a major sleep storm and he won't get here.
Cynthia, snowed in and cranky

.
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU