[Milton-L] help interpret a line

Beth Bradburn bradbure at wfu.edu
Wed Jan 21 11:43:09 EST 2004

But Satan isn't "trying to examine the consistency between underlying
principles and instances of their application."  He's trying to persuade
someone to do something that she already believes to be illegal, immoral
and extremely dangerous.  Since he's not using physical force, surely
it's reasonable to look for verbal trickery in this situation.

Beth Bradburn