[Milton-L] New [worm] alert

Carol Barton cbartonphd at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 11:12:01 EST 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

> I'm not infected, but this  virus has been sent out under my name, since
> I've gotten several posts I never sent returned to me as containing a
> virus. Don't open attachments even if _apparently_ from someone you
> know.
----------------------------------

Indeed! The easiest thing is to keep your virus protection up to date: but
before opening the e-mail itself, right click on the sender's name in the
message line, and you will see his or her real address (so that something
that displays "Annie" only with a nondescript subject-line like "Thanks for
your help!" will reveal itself to be from some strange person and domain
that no one you know uses). Delete it without looking at it, in that case.

Hope this helps prevent the infection (which is properly an annoying "worm,"
rather than a deadly "virus," from all accounts) from spreading.

(The other) Carol (Barton)

---