[Milton-L] Re: Memorization

Jesse Swan swanjesseg at netscape.net
Fri Feb 27 00:59:34 EST 2004

Which dialect, at what moment in time, is the natural English stress
pattern?  What scansion, conducted by which scanner, is the natural
scansion?  An actor would do best, perhaps, to impersonate his
character, drawing on the cues made available by prosody, among many
other cues, which may well effect a proper scansion of an individual
line, in a play.

jesse