[Milton-L] teaching practices

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Mon Feb 23 10:23:37 EST 2004

>   I think (having done this just last week) that
>   writing "19" in front of a date is a throw back to
>   the habit of writing "19" in front of the year,
>   something we were all doing until just 4 years ago.

That could be.  A couple of weeks ago someone asked in a
group of people a question involving naming something that
had happened 'in the last century,' and most of us were
dumbstruck, thinking, 1860? 1870s? when, in fact, the
question was about something that happened in the 1930s. One
person finally went 'DUH!' and named the event.  The rest of
us felt a tad foolish.
Cytnhia
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU