[Milton-L] teaching practices

Salwa Khoddam skhoddam at cox.net
Sat Feb 21 20:56:38 EST 2004

teaching practicesOf course, no credit.
Salwa Khoddam
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Duran, Angelica
  To: John Milton Discussion List
  Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 11:48 AM
  Subject: [Milton-L] teaching practices

  Hello, scholars,

  I remember a professor I respected once mentioning what he did in cases like the one I am about to decribe.  I cannot remember his practice.  So, I ask for your advice.  A student just turned in a midterm exam, part of which requires students to identify the composition, publication, or performance date of a number of Milton's texts.  This student wrote in answers which correctly identified the decade and year but not the century: for example, "Lycidas" 1937.  What to do? Partial credit or no credit.  While I will ultimately have to decide, I value your opinions.

  Adios,

  Angelica Duran
  Assistant Professor
  English Department