[Milton-L] teaching practices

Duran, Angelica ADuran at sla.purdue.edu
Fri Feb 20 12:48:05 EST 2004

Hello, scholars,

I remember a professor I respected once mentioning what he did in cases like the one I am about to decribe.  I cannot remember his practice.  So, I ask for your advice.  A student just turned in a midterm exam, part of which requires students to identify the composition, publication, or performance date of a number of Milton's texts.  This student wrote in answers which correctly identified the decade and year but not the century: for example, "Lycidas" 1937.  What to do? Partial credit or no credit.  While I will ultimately have to decide, I value your opinions.

Adios,

Angelica Duran
Assistant Professor
English Department