[Milton-L] references about Milton's homeschool

Duran, Angelica ADuran at sla.purdue.edu
Thu Feb 19 14:03:43 EST 2004

Hello, scholars,

I am interested in finding and confirming information about the material and practical aspects of Milton's homeschool: how much did Barry's and Jones' family pay Milton?  how big was Milton's home when he was teaching? etc.  I am on my way to pick up old favorites -- French's Life Records, Darbishire's Early Lives, Milton Encyclopedia -- as well as DuRocher's Milton Among the Romans and recent biographies.  I wonder if any of you might have any other good resources you could recommend.

Many thanks.

Adios,

Angelica Duran
Assistant Professor