[Milton-L] Off topic chuckle for those of us who can relate to this . . .

Carol Barton cbartonphd at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 7 20:54:34 EST 2004

This was sent to me by a friend in Canada (no attribution):

Have you been guilty of looking at others your own age and
thinking . . . surely I cannot look that old? You may enjoy this short story
. . .

While waiting for my first appointment in the reception room of a new
dentist, I noticed his certificate, which bore his full name.

Suddenly, I remembered that a tall, handsome boy with the same name  had
been in my high school class some 30 years ago. Upon seeing him,  however, I
quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to
have been my classmate.

After he had examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended the  local
high school. "Yes," he replied.

"When did you graduate?" I asked.

He answered, "In 1971. Why?"

"You were in my class!" I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely and then asked, "What did you teach?"

Best to all,

Carol Barton

---