[Milton-L] Selected Bibliography

Nancy Charlton n.charlton at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 12:10:43 EST 2004

If I may reply belatedly to this thread, I'd like to add a title that I
came upon while browsing the stacks at Powell's Books:

Ollard, Richard. This War without an Enemy: A History of the English Civil Wars

Short but not superficial, it is lavishly illustrated enough to be a coffee
table book, but it's a good general overview with enough detail to serve as
a springboard for deeper study.

In this vein, I'd add Antonia Fraser's bio of Cromwell, the big edition,
and the wonderful gossipy The Weaker Vessel.

Many thanks to Professor Shoulson and those who contributed to this thread.

Nancy Charlton