[Milton-L] Selected Bibliography

spender at uwindsor.ca spender at uwindsor.ca
Mon Feb 2 18:20:02 EST 2004

Let me make a muted pitch for Nigel Smith's Literature and Revolution in
England, 1640-1660 [Yale] --- muted only because it is a difficult read for
junior graduate students, in my limited experience; a less muted hurrah for
Kevin Sharpe, Reading Revolutions: the Politics of Reading in Early Modern
England [Yale] and Sharon Achinstein, Milton and the Revolutionary Reader
[Princeton].  I am still not disabused of my affection for Herschel Baker's
The Image of Man: a Study of the Idea of Human Dignity in Classical
Antiquity, the Middle Ages, and the Renaissance for essential 'working up'
before class.  Thanks much for sharing your bibliography with the list.

Best
Stephen

Dr. Stephen Pender, English
University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9B 3P4
t: 519.253.3000 [2307] f: 519.971.3676 e: spender at uwindsor.ca